Thursday, February 26, 2009

Family Pet [Updated]

We may be getting a Toy Poodle. I know. That's a far cry from the Yorkie I've always wanted, but...it's cute. I don't know much about Poodles though, and I guess there are somethings that I should be concerned about, especially since I am getting him for Bree too. So here is a list of things that I found out about the Toy Poodle:

Pro's
- Intelligent
- Responsive and trainable
- Likes to be with people
- Perky and happy

Con's
- Can be snappy if not taught that the human is the "pack leader"
- They have to be clipped every six to eight weeks.
- They are prone to eye infections and ear infections

So, the only thing that I am worried about is the "snappiness". I have had several people warn me about Poodles and their snappiness, so I'm a little nervous about it all. Maybe the Poodles have been snappy because they weren't raised right, or they weren't disciplined. I don't know. I guess if it doesn't work out, there's always Craigs List =)

0 comments: