Friday, October 30, 2009

Staying In Tomorrow Night?

If I didn't have a two year old, who is going to LOVE trick or treating, I would probably be staying in the house for Halloween. I'd order a large pizza, and pull out all of the scary movies! If you are staying in on Halloween, and are looking for some good, "scary movies", I have compiled a list for you. I have yet to find a "scary movie" actually scare me, but the movies I have listed below, did kind of creep me out and are listed as my Top 12. Jot these down!

12. The Wicker Man
11. The Birds
10. Secret Window
09. Misery
08. The Sixth Sense
07. War of the Worlds
06. Pet Sematary
05. Final Destination
04. Poltergeist
03. The Mothman Prophesies
02. The Ring
01. The Shining

The Wicker Man was not scary, but very strange and definitely did not have a wonderful ending.
The Birds is only creepy if you are afraid of flying things, and if you're not afraid of flying things such as birds, you will be when you finish this one.
Secret Window is one of my top favorite movies of all time, as Johnny Depp is awesome in it! It's a Stephen King movie, so you do the math. It's kind of weird.
Misery is yet another Stephen King movie, and it'll make you hope that you never get picked up by an obsessed stalker.
The Sixth Sense is a pretty awesome movie. It's kind of strange, can be a teeny bit graphic, but altogether kind of creepy.
War of the Worlds kind of scares me. I'm not sure why, but the creepiness level is a 10 in this one.
Pet Sematary is another Stephen King movie. While the book is creepier, the movie is pretty creepy itself too. Final Destination is another one of my favorites, and the whole concept of the movie is creepy in and of itself. Poltergeist is a good movie too, a little strange, but I think I may have laughed more in this movie than actually feeling creeped out.
The Mothman Prophesies is just a strange, strange movie, but oh so good! It's definitely a must!
The Ring is super creepy, kind of scary, and really freakin' awesome! If you haven't seen it already, I'd definitely get it!
The Shining actually scared me. Not as scared as I could get, but it's pretty freaky, creepy, strange, weird, and scary. You have got to check it out!

If you haven't seen any of the movies above, make sure you rent them for tomorrow night! It'll be a suspenseful, creepy night! Happy Halloween everyone!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Chell said...

The Shining is a classic!! When I was 13 I went on vacation with some friends and was able to tour the Stanley Hotel and actually play in the maze. My hubs and I want to go there and stay on vacation, but was almost $250 a night last time we checked into it.

REDRUM REDRUM -- Sorry, couldn't help myself heheh

Samantha said...

"Here's Johnny!" :) It is definitely a classic. I Never got to see it all the way through until recently, and not because I was too scared to watch it all the way through, but because it's soooo long!

Maybe you can answer my question about the ending of that movie...I don't understand why he's in the pictures at the end. I don't know if Stephen King wanted us to understand it or not.

Martinis or Diaper Genies? said...

I've watched very few of these surprisingly! Although B makes me stay away since the paranormal activity incident.

Samantha said...

You'll have to rent some of these. They're pretty good, and most of them just have strange and unexplainable story lines rather that just being scary.

MrsM said...

The older I get the less I like scary movies. I think the last real scary movie I saw was The Ring and it freaked me out so bad that I had to sleep on my roomate's floor, behind his bed.

Hmmmm, I think I feel a post coming on!

Has Bree ever been Trick or Treating before? You are going to LOVE it!! Of course, she'll love it too. I hope you guys have a fun and safe Halloween!

Samantha said...

The Ring is one of my favorites! The Hubs doesn't like scary movies, but I've always loved them. Last year, and the year before we took Bree to our different relatives houses. I think we're going to do that this year, but the difference is that she can walk up to the door, knock knock and say "I want cookie" since she can say "trick or treat" :)