Monday, April 20, 2009

Nyquil, the nightime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, why in the hell is the room spinning, medicine...


So, ever since Bree passed her blessed little Cold onto me, I haven't been able to sleep. Well, on Saturday night I decided that I would take a Benadryl before bed. I think that was the first night in a while that I slept so good, and so soundly. I don't recall waking up one time in the middle of the night, and that is not normal for me. On Sunday, Paul decided he was going to go buy some Nyquil. He took two, I took two, and we went to bed.

Never will I ever, ever, EVER take Nyquil EVER again. I woke up several times in the night, and wondered why in the hell the room was spinning and why I felt like I was falling. When this morning finally rolled around, I was still feeling a bit dizzy and out of whack. Getting out of bed was definitely not an option. I felt worse than the last time I had an alcohol hang over. In fact, taking a shot of whiskey to get rid of my cold would have been smarter than Nyquil. What in the hell is in that stuff?? Why did they take the alcohol out of Robitussin and keep Nyquil on the shelf? Nyquil is a pill popper's dream!

I don't like feeling the way I felt, and I don't think that I'll be popping an Nyquil gel caps any time soon. God bless the person who has to take Nyquil all year 'round. I now better understand Saturday Night Live's parody of Nyquil. It was called Hibornol and it knocked you out for an entire season.

0 comments: