Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm a Pack Rat With A Box Fetish...

pampers lol Pictures, Images and PhotosI never really considered myself someone who can't throw anything away. Generally old people are the ones who do things like that, but I came to a shocking realization when I began to pack up Bree's closet last night. Two rows of empty Pampers boxes, stacked high to the ceiling and four Wal-Mart bags stuffed full with outfits that Bree wore when she was a newborn. Outfits that I loved, that I cherished, that were my favorite. I had no idea that I had kept so many of these outfits. I would have taken pictures of this madness, but I was too shocked at how much of a Pack Rat I had become. I couldn't stand the thought of taking a picture of these accomplishments, if you can even call it that. I can't even bring myself up to getting rid of them now, even after the realization that I am a pack rat with a box fetish.

Thankfully, the Hubby didn't look at me like I was insane. He just did as he was told, and put the Wal-Mart bags in the empty Pampers boxes. I guess I can be grateful for that. Most men would have dropped what they were doing, taken their wives, and checked them into an asylum somewhere. Oh well, at least the empty Pampers boxes are coming in handy with this move. We'll have a Uhaul full of Pampers boxes. There will be no mistaking that I am a mother, and I use Pampers. Maybe Pampers should pay me for this. It'll be great advertisement!

What to expect on tomorrow's blog...
I have decided that I am going to make each Friday for the next 7 weeks, a look inside of how I lost all of my baby weight. At my last weigh in before I had I had Bree, I weighed 197 pounds. Now, I am 128 pounds...barely two years later. I know how discouraging it can be when you are trying to lose weight, because believe you me...I have shed my tears over my flabby tummy. What I did to lose those pounds can work for anyone who is trying to lose weight. Diets seriously don't work. Why? Because, you can't stay on a diet forever. It's all about choosing the right foods, portions, and liquids to drink. Make sure you come by tomorrow for an introduction into my dramatic weight loss that took a year and a half. Why did it take so long? Because I was trying everything else, but the right thing. I am going to tell you the right thing to do! So get ready...it's gonna get exciting!

3 comments:

MrsM said...

I think pack ratting comes with motherhood not age! It's just so hard to part with your baby's things...

I'll definitely be back for your posts about weight loss. I've been slowly losing weight over the last two years, but I had this thing where I just kept getting pregnant and that kind of put a damper on the weight loss goals.
The Bean will be 8 weeks old this Monday and I'm down to the last 10lbs but a good tip is always helpful =)

Mother Mayhem said...

I have the special outfits and other keepsakes that I wanted from Emily's infanthood stored in a cedar chest that belonged to my Great Grandmother. It is FULL. I would be in serious trouble if I were a pack rat. ;o)

Samantha said...

Mrs. M! I'm glad you came back for my weight loss segment :) I hope I don't get that thing where I keep getting pregnant. I just go to where I wanted to be, and that might sound selfish...but I'm gonna give it a few years before I have me another one :)

& Mother Mayhem, I plan on getting something like a hat box for Bree's clothes, but I may need more than one. I'm still saving clothes...oh and shoes!