Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Is It Seriously September?

Oh my! I can't believe that it is already September. I personally am in LOVE with Summer, so I tend to get a bit depressed when I notice that the air outside sounds different. The air has a sound, you ask? Why yes, yes it does. For example:
In the Fall the air sounds a bit more crisp, not so heavy and full of life.
In the Winter the air sounds completely void of anything. It just sounds clean, and cold.
In the Spring, the air begins to liven up more, like everything is waking up.
You may have never noticed the changes in the sound of the air, but pay attention as the seasons change. You can definitely hear it in the air.

I always have a hard time letting go of Summer. I'm not sure why I have this attachment to it, other than the fact that so many of my BEST childhood memories were created right smack dab in the middle of the Summer. The only way to get past hanging on to Summer, is to keep looking ahead and looking forward to the things to come. For instance:
Bree's birthday on Saturday (the 5th);
Labor Day, which is kind of depressing, because you can't wear white shoes after Labor Day;
Football season, is always fun;
My birthday happens in November,
and Christmas in December
I have to force myself to look forward to these things, so that Summer will be back before I know it!
I can't help but think that this time 2 years ago, I was ready to take knife and cut Bree out of me myself. I was miserably pregnant having gone all the way through the Summer. I was a big ball of puffiness. I had the worst water weight gain known to man. My feet were huge, my hands were huge, my nose was huge, my belly was huge. I was a miserable, fat, pregnant woman. I don't know how some women just LOVE being pregnant. I was miserable. I couldn't wait for it to be over with. Bree came two days after her due date. I think she held on just to annoy me. She had even cracked one of my ribs with her foot while swimming laps around my belly. Not fun. When she was born, she was 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long. Now, she's almost two and I wish she were that tiny little 3 day old baby I brought home from the hospital. But like I was saying earlier, the only way to move on from the past is to look forward to the future & enjoy the present.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful September 1st. Here are some fun facts that happened on this day:
On September 1st 1985, the Titanic was found by Dr. Robert Ballard & his crew! 73 years after it sank!

2 comments:

MrsM said...

My birthday is in November too! I don't think white after labor day is such a crime, but then again I don't care that much about fashion.

Happy early birthday to Bree! Our middle turns two in February-time sure flies. And I totally agree with you about pregnancy!

Samantha said...

Yay for November birthdays!! What date is yours on? Mine is the 10th :) I live in the South, so, we're pretty strict to traditions like no white after Labor Day. Even though I heard an expert fashionist-a say on t.v back last year that we can throw that rule out the window, but I was kind of raised on that rule and just feel funny if I do wear white after labor day.

Time does fly, and I am so excited about her birthday! I told her today that she needed to stop growing :)

& Yes, I think Bree is going to be an only child. Not sure that I want to be pregnant again...lol