Monday, January 18, 2010

Public Drunkenness

Where did the weekend go?

It was here, and then I blinked...and then it was gone!

Sad.

BUT! I did win an award over the weekend :)

Lauren from The Lauren Daily Experiment gave me the Lemonade Stand award. Although I was completely chosen at random, I still say 'thank you!'
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Now, like every award there are rules, but I am changing the rules, because, well, quiet frankly every award has the same rules and I've run out things to say about myself & 10 bloggers to tag. You all are great, but let's face it...it's difficult doing all of that mess. So...here is the one and only rule!

1. - If you are reading this post, feel free to take this lemonade stand & give it to yourself! You don't even have to link back to me (although that would be nice).

There. That's done.

Moving on...

I wanted to thank everyone who commented on Friday's post about toilet paper, and for backing me up on how the toilet paper should be placed on a roll. As I had hoped, everyone agreed that the toilet paper should be placed "over". I informed Paul of this, and the toilet paper was turned "over" before the weekend ended.

Anyway...

My weekend was pretty dull, although, Friday was pretty interesting. We had spent the evening at home where we ordered a pizza and rented a couple of movies. Around 1:30 Saturday morning, before we went to bed, we had peered outside and noticed that a car that had been sitting in our parking lot...running...a couple of hours before, was still sitting there. This time though, the driver side door was opened, the interior car lights were on, and there was a guy in the Driver's seat slumped over. We watched him for about 15 or 20 minutes, and noticed that he never once moved. Naturally, we thought he may be dead. So, Paul called the cops and they showed up about 3 minutes later. We watched as one of the Cops shook the guy really hard, three different times, telling him to wake up; and then finally the guy moved. You could hear them arguing a bit, and then they arrested the guy for Public Drunkenness. Evidently, there were beer cans all in the car. Paul felt bad about calling the cops, but I didn't...you hear all kinds of stories about drunk guys wandering up into other people's homes and causing trouble. I wasn't going to take any chances.

So, that was the start of what would eventually be...a very dull weekend.

How was your weekend?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi there. Thanks for the visit. :) I would have called the cops too...if he had come to enough to drive away and smash into somebody, that would have been awful.

Anonymous said...

Just found you thanks to Ian at The Daily Dose of Reality... I am really enjoying your blog:)

I would have totally called the cops, well the non emergeny line anyway. You guys may have prevented a DUI! Since my sister works in DUI court she has really enlightened me on the numbers of people, professional people that are arrested each month. I am all about getting these folks off the streets.

Shandal said...

Congrats on the award! I totally would've called the cops too!

Ian said...

Congrats on the award! Lisa Marie's the best. Check out her blog if you haven't already :)