Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: IHOP & Denim Woes

t's time for Random Tuesday Thoughts, and as I have said before...I refuse to use the little ugly purple button that everyone else uses. It just doesn't go with my color scheme :) Don't hate.

It's Pancake Day, and you know what that means?! It means go to your local IHOP and pig out on some pancakes, because they are absolutely FREE!!

Sometimes, while I am making the bed, I randomly break out into a verse of "I Believe I Can Fly". I don't know why, and it comes out of my mouth before I can do anything about it.

Riddle me this, when I buy a pair of jeans in a light wash, I buy a size 4 but even then, they hang off of my butt. So, last week when I bought a pair of dark wash jeans (same cut as my light wash jeans) in a size 4, I couldn't even get them up past my butt. This has happened to me more than once, and it's really starting to get aggravating. Is this some kind of vendetta the jean company has out for me? I'm hoping that maybe a denim expert reads my blog, because I seriously need some answers.

I am going shopping today! I am going to buy the crap outta some clothes. Gonna pick up a few Winter clothes, and stock up on the Spring clothes...and I am so excited! Watch out Kohls, Belk & Target...here I come!

Can't believe that tomorrow is mine & Hubby's 3 year wedding anniversary. Seems like we've been married a lot longer than that. Geez.

"I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky. I think about it every night and day. Spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar. I see me running through that open door. I believe, I can fly. (I can fly) I believe I can fly (I can fly) I believe I can fly..."

How about I bought 140 dollars in groceries last night for 70 bucks! Look forward to my "Stock Up" post on Friday where I tell you how to stock up on items that you won't ever need to buy again! Well, not ever, but not for a very long time.

How un-American is it of me that I have not watched the Olympics, and I don't want to watch the Olympics. And how pointless is Curling?

I'm going to take crotchet lessons so I can learn how to make a bunch of crotchet crap and then sell it on Etsy for 60 bucks. Can you believe I saw a kid's crotchet hat on there for 60 dollars?? Who are these people kidding? But seriously, I am going to take some crotchet lessons.

It's going to be 60 degrees today, beautiful and sunny....and then tomorrow the high is 40 with the possibility of snow. FML.

I am so excited to get away for the weekend with Hubby. I'm gonna miss my girl, but I am going to have so much fun with Hubby. We haven't done this in 3 years...literally...since our honeymoon! Tomorrow's post will be a special edition Wedding Anniversary post where I get to tell you our story. It's a long post, but a neat little story. Look forward to it!

I just want to randomly tell each of you, my beautiful followers, readers and commenters, how much I love and appreciate each of you! You all make me laugh, and I look forward to hearing from you all and reading your blogs as well! Keep on keeping on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I buy mine at The Gap and it is the opposite for me - the light ones are tight and the dark are bigger - same cut, same size. Grrr.

Katherine said...

That's why people hang on to the same pair of jeans until they're tattered and torn. Finding a pair that actually fits is impossible!

Love your random! It's going to be 38 here. Sunny, but still cold. I'm jealous. I need me some 60 degree weather.

You're going to have so much fun this weekend!

Ian said...

Don't you dare but that nice stuff at the end of the post and tell me that it's 60 degrees where you live. No way sister, ain't letting you off that easy!!!!










j/k ;)



Have a great day and HAPPY EARLY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! woohoo!!!

Unknown said...

OK I can't stand jeans and probably won't want to until I get rid of this belly... look out gym I am on my way lol. Size 4?? Are you serious I haven't seen a 4 since I was 4 and if I got to a 4 now I would seriously look like death. I get to a 14 and people ask me if I am sick. Have fun on your second getaway, happy anniversary and I don't watch the Olympics either..

Brandy@YDK said...

size 4 - shut your mouth. I have problems buying jeans just becuase I have no butt. serious case of the flat ass. good luck with your etsy ness.

Shandal said...

I hate shopping for jeans just for that reason. I always have to grab 3 different sizes when I try them on because it varies so much. UGH!
I need to go shopping for spring clothes too, but I'm going to wait until I'm done with this round of P90x. :)
Tomorrow is the big 3 year eh? Happy Anniversary tomorrow!!!

Kristy said...

I stopped feeling sorry for you when you said 'size 4'... grrrr...

Shell said...

I'm eating too much pasta lately...none of my size 4s like me right now, regardless of what color they are. Waaahhhh!

Enjoy your time away. You'll be surprised at how much you'll be okay with being away!

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary celebration...
"think about it every night and day
spread my wings and fly away"... look what you have done to me! Ack ;)

We just did our big Costco run.. ugh. At least we won't need diapers and wipes for a while! I look forward to your "stock up" post!

Robyn Lee said...

Aw well congrats and happy 3rd anniversary tomorrow! : ) Time flies!

I don't like watching the Olympics either. I find it extreeeemmelllyy boring!

: )

Pandorah's Box said...

I liked this random tuesday post, it made me feel all warm inside :)

Can't wait to read your lovely story tomorrow! xoxo

Crafty Doll said...

I had my free panakes from IHOP that day. They were sooo yummy! Did you?