Thursday, February 04, 2010

Try This! Thursday - Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

When I was a kid, my Mom had this great idea for my brother and I to cook supper one night a week for the entire family. I would cook supper on a Monday night...and my brother would cook supper on a Wednesday night. The arrangement didn't last too long, because I'm assuming it was more trouble to have two kids making a mess in the kitchen, than if she would have just cooked herself. Anyway, we had to make a main dish, side dish, and dessert. I picked No Bake Cookies as my dessert one night, and I've been making them ever since! I don't know why my No Bake Cookies are different from everyone else's, but evidently they are. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I don't measure out my peanut butter (I love peanut butter), and most of the time I leave out the vanilla extract (I hate the way it smells). Either way, they are super easy to make. You have got to Try This!

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Ingredients:
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Waxed paper

Directions:
- In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.
- Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.


Okay, so on a completely different note...Ian from The Daily Dose of Reality is featuring me on his blog today! That's right, he found me...ME...interesting enough to interview and dedicate an entire post to! Ian is a super cool dude, whom I have grown to be friends with over the last couple of weeks, and his blog is as super cool as he is! So make sure you head on over to The Daily Dose of Reality and check him out ( and don't forget to read my interview).

Oh, and if you are here via Ian...welcome to my blog! I hope you'll take a look around and follow me if you like what you see (I unintentionally rhymed that sentence). My blog isn't all recipes like you see here today. Some of my most recent posts include pictures of my 2 year old in a toddler meltdown, letters to and from my brother who is currently at Marine Boot Camp, and completely random rants that include a dream I had where I was beating someone in the face with a soup can! I am all about variety, and you will definitely find that here!

*If you haven't submitted your questions to me for my Blogaversary, DON'T FORGET to do so!! You have less than a week to get those questions into me! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, or you are new to my blog...click here to find out how you can help me celebrate my Blogaversary!!*

Become a fan of Apple Juice & Milk on Facebook

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

13 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Those look delicious!!!!!

Melissa said...

I LOVE those kinds of cookies!!!

And I found you blog (albeit a few weeks ago) via Ian. Ian is a good "connecter."

Have a great day!

Ian said...

Very nice post! Sorry about the formatting of the interview post...the HTML went haywire and it's taking entirely too long to fix. Either way, the content MORE than makes up for it! :)

Salt said...

Ooooo these look good. And the no bake thing means that I don't run the risk of burning myself as usual. :)

Fiancé LOVES peanut butter too, so this might be a good one for me to try out on him. :)

Brandy@YDK said...

yummy. and yay for the interview!

Kristy said...

I've been wanting to try no bake cookies, and those look really, really good!

And congrats on your interview!

Shell said...

Mmm, love those cookies!

Off to read your interview!

Desertson said...

The fastest way to a man's heart is...drum roll please...Down his throat!!! Mmmmm I love goodies so bring'em on! You just got to my heart so I'll be a faithful follower.

Bendigo said...

I just ate dinner and they still made me hungry...

I too am here from Ian's blog...

Former Marine myself so my thoughts are with your brother...

OOH RAH!!!

Ian said...

WOOHOO look at the influx of followers! :) Desertson is awesome, you'll love having him around. Bendigo is like my blog-mentor. Both are huge assets in my blog-life

Anonymous said...

Evil yummy deliciousnessss!!!!!!!!

Ms. A said...

Coming to you via Ian. Thought I would mention the fact that I haven't made those cookies in... *gulp... longer than you have been alive! Dang, I'm old. Love your blog, even if your print is small and very hard on my "also old" eyes! Keep up the good work.

Pandorah's Box said...

Those cookies look delicious!

And I read that whole interview and loved it! I am glad I got to read it at this moment, as I am a new follower.

Great blog!