Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pour Your Heart Out - Crap

It's Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday, and boy do I have some pouring out to do! Feel free to shout, "Amen!" at any time during this post if you feel my pain! Oh, and if you want to join in on Pour Your Heart Out hosted by the beautiful Shell...just click here to get started!

I had to become a Mother (or a Parent) before I could understand why my Mom & Dad got so frustrated when my Grandparents would send us home from their house with...and I quote "crap". No, I don't mean literal crap; I mean junk. Stuff that my Grandparents had been hanging onto for years. Little knick-knacks that they had picked up at various yard sales. Annoying toys that they had bought us at Wal-Mart while we were in their possession. Aggravating little toys that came in the kids meals they got for us at lunch.

I can still see the look on my Dad's face whenever we would hop into the van with our "new" toys crap in hand. My brothers and I knew what that look meant. It meant we had better hide our toys crap, because my Dad would jump at tossing them in the garbage can the first chance he got. Still, we smiled and we were happy, because we had new crap! True, we would forget about our new crap in a few days or so, but until then...we would love our crap.

Now, I have a 2 year old and it seems that lately her Grandparents have been sending her home with lots of toys crap. It's really starting to get pretty annoying. I mean, we live in an apartment. I have very little storage space, if any! I have enough stuffed animals that I could open my own Build A Bear, and who authorized letting Papa buy Bree Mega Blocks for Christmas?! And just the other night, as we were leaving the Grandparent's house...my daughter comes waltzing out the front door with a Hello Kitty Easter basket! WTH?! Easter was a few weeks ago...and why?! Why do you want to do this to me? It seems half my life is spent cleaning toys crap up, and now you're sending her home with more?!

What did I do? Why do you hate me? I did nothing to deserve this! Please, take your crap to the dump, or Goodwill, or the local Salvation Army, but PLEASE, for the love of God and all that is good on this Earth, don't send it home with me!

...okay, I think I'm done venting. Thank you for listening. Now, if you will excuse me...I have some crap stuff to get rid of.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

18 comments:

Joe Cap said...

Ha, I understand! I absolutely HATE crap and clutter laying around the house...My bride and The Daughter are both pack rats. I like to purge, get rid of stuff.

Beth P. said...

Lol. Yeah. There comes a lot of crap, but whatever. Regift it to them lol!

Melissa said...

It's so true Samantha. All that crap/toys drive me batty!

I make my parents and my husbands' parents keep a lot of it themselves because I don't want it!

P.S. The way you wrote this was very cute and amusing... well done!

qandlequeen said...

My mother, the woman annoyed by loud or squeaky sounds, was DRAWN to buying only noisy toys for my children. I never understood it. My MIL had the right idea - she bought the crap and it STAYED at her house. None of her crap infiltrated my house and to this day I love her for it. I hope I can behave when I become a grandmother and keep the crap at home.

Desertson said...

That's how Wal-Mar...I mean Hell-Mart makes all their money, selling CRAP to our children. I would rather save up and buy my children nice quality toys, but try telling them that when you're in Hell-Mart.

Katherine said...

I so hear you on this. Granted, my mother-in-law doesn't buy Ethan crap. She just gives him the crap she's been storing for 30 years! Literally. I finally had to tell her to stop giving me things for him. She even gave me Clint's crib sheets, which are not fitted sheets.

Salt said...

You are making me glad that our future child's g-mother lives like halfway across the country. Less grandparent visits = less crap coming home to our house.

I think my grandparents did the same thing with me when I was little!

Shell said...

I hate all that crap! I had to tell my mom last Christmas that instead of all the little crap, could she just buy each kid one or two big things and be done with it? I'm running out of room!

Thanks for linking up!

MWalker said...

Fortunately, my mother is a crap-hater, so any toys that she might buy stay at her house, not mine. My mother rocks in that way, lol.

Beth Zimmerman said...

LOL ... I understand but ... I'd put up with an awful lot of "crap" to have had grandparents who were close and intimately involved in my kids lives. Just sayin'

Brandy@YDK said...

you should sell some of that crap on craigslist. at least you'll make a profit

CA Heaven said...

Completely agree, I hate all that crap too. The stuff that comes with the Happy Meal at McDonald's, and all the cheap toys kids get from friends in the birthday party. Basically all of it is made in China ... worst of all is that this Chinese crap that is overflowing the world keeps the inflation down and world economy running. It's a Hell of a crazy world >:)

Cold As Heaven

Anonymous said...

Oh you are singing my song girl! I so sympathize...

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip said...

I have a problem with crap. It's not the grandparents. It's me. I think I need to go on that show Hoarders and get some professional TV reality help. Anyway, I feel your pain. Crap is crap. Any way you acquire it.

MrsM said...

I just smile and nod when my kids bring home crap...and plot my revenge.

"That's right, kiddos-enjoy that stupid little knick-knack because some day YOUR children's rooms will be full of them! Muahahahahahaha!"

Ally said...

We have a small place too and I totally know what you're going through. My hubs saves EVERYTHING. I can't deal. I secretly throw his stuff out which I've deemed unimportant. Hee hee. I'll take the Hello Kitty basket off your hands though. Love her!

B said...

Ugh I hate crap too! Luckily Ava is too little to collect any of it, but D is another story. He keeps EVERYTHING. Drives me nuts.

Honey B. said...

Ohh, I'm with you...I'm SO anti-crap its ridiculous, my husband accuses me of being anti-sentimental because I like throwing old things away...