Monday, May 31, 2010

The Monday Minute - Memorial Day Edition

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day! Take this day to remember the men and women who have died to make sure you stay safe and free in this wonderful Country we call America. The Monday Minute comes in the style of a Memorial Day Edition, so if you want to join in, just head on over to Ian's place & he'll help get you started!



1 - Have you or a family member joined the military?
My Brother joined the Marine Corps about a year ago now, and has gone through Bootcamp, Marine Combat Training, and is now currently training for his Marine Occupational School in which he'll be learning how to operate AAV's (Amphibious Assault Vehicle). I'm one proud Big Sister!

2 - Have you or a family member served his/her country in times of war?
Both of my Papa's served in WWII. My Dad's Dad was actually supposed to be at Normandy when we stormed the beach, but his orders were changed at the last minute. Thank God for that or none of my family would be here today. And I'm pretty sure our Troops won't be out of Afghanistan or Iraq by the time my Brother finishes his MOS, so he'll probably be deployed (God forbid).

3 - What's your favorite BBQ food?
I love just regular ol' BBQ (pulled pork) without any BBQ sauce on it. It's gotta be smoked pretty good though. Love it!

4 - Do you fart in public?
Who doesn't? Sometimes they escape before you can stop them!

5 - What's the one question that if it shows up on a Monday Minute, you refuse to take part?
There was that one time that entire Monday Minute was dedicated to sex, and I just couldn't answer those questions. Not only is it personal, but there are people from church who read my blog and I don't want them picturing me naked, or picture me having sex when they see me in church :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

Joe Cap said...

Ha, your answer to number 5 is pretty classic.
There a some people at my work here who sometimes look at my blog, which annoys me because that means I can't blog about work. And there is SO MUCH I blogging I could do about my job...I would never run out of material!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on #5. No thanks, I'll keep that to myself.
I love BBQ pork. Yum!

Salt said...

I just snorted at your answer for 4 because it is so true. I hope you had an excellent holiday weekend! I actually had BBQ pulled pork on Saturday. SO good.

MommyLisa said...

I love ANY good BBQ...but I am with you on the sex questions.

Who wants to think of me nekkid or having sex? Eww.

Powdered Toast Man said...

Is it wrong that I'm picturing you having sex now...lol

I came over to see post-it note Tuesday but it wasn't here.