Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 years & Counting...

I haven't figured it out. Marriage. It's a strange concept if you really think about it. Two different (sometimes same) people come together, join their complete opposite lives together, combining everything they've ever known and somehow making a chemical re-action that traditionally is supposed to keep them together until one or the other dies. Marriage is really a stupid thing to do if you really think about it, but on the other hand most of us were not created to live alone and marriage is what comes naturally.

J.R.R Tolkien wrote in a letter once that, "Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to.

Sometimes I wonder if I married the right man. It's not that I am doubting our relationship or marriage, it's just that sometimes we seem so different and our families are so different...I can't even begin to imagine how in the world we ended up together.

Today is mine & Paul's 2 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe that it's already been two years. In some respects it feels like it's only been a few weeks, but in other respects it feels as though it's been a hundred years. We've had our ups and downs like most couples, but for the most part...we get along very well. I can't believe how different we are, yet how perfectly we go together. I never will forget the first moment I saw him, and every time I think of the moment...I smile. I knew then, nearly a whole year before we even began to date...that I was going to marry him. I believe in love at first site, because it happened to me. My whole world changed the moment I laid eyes on him, and little did I know...it would never be the same again.

I love him. He's my best friend, and we still have a long way to go, but it's only been two years compared to the lifetime that we will be together. Happy two year anniversary Paul! I love you!

1 comments:

Bottles Barbies And Boys said...

Funny how different worlds collide. It's also funny how eventually those two come together, and become so much alike.

Happy anniversary! and many more to come~