Friday, February 27, 2009

Dupree...the Toy Poodle

Well, it's official. We are getting the Toy Poodle. We have already named him Dupree. I'm not sure why we like that name for a dog, but we do. I'm probably crazy, and I'll probably look back on this moment and wonder why in the world I added a dog (a puppy for that matter) to the already long list of things I must accomplish in a day. It's like having a new baby, except not quiet as bad.

My Dad asked me if I had lost my mind. It's funny though, because he said the same thing last time I brought home my 10 week old puppy Rainey, who is now 5 years old. Rainey wasn't too hard to deal with though, because I was home most all of the time to house train him and stuff. The only difference between then and now is that I have a 17 month old baby.

Oh well, I am known for taking on too much. I like to prove a point. That I can handle anything that comes my way, when in reality...I'm probably gonna crack one day and you'll find me in a half way house crouched down in the fetal position and barking like a dog.

Nevertheless, we are picking up our little Dupree on Sunday seeing as me and the hubby are going on a road trip tomorrow for our anniversary. No kid, just the open road. If you don't hear from me for a while, we may have decided to not come back. Charleston here I come!!

0 comments: