Saturday, February 21, 2009

...Tax Refund

We got shafted this year, I feel. Last year we got a pretty descent tax refund...this year, not so much. Evidently everyone's tax refunds are alot lower than usual. People depend on this thing to go on their Summer vacations with, buy cars, and buy things that in general they aren't able to buy. I am pretty sure that Mr. Obama has now screwed us over with this "stimulus package". If he really wanted to "stimulate" the economy, he would have put 1 million dollars into the pockets of every American 18 years of age and older. That would have changed lives. People would have bought houses, cars, shopped like there was no tomorrow. That made sense. House industry would be "stimulated". The car makers wouldn't need anymore bailout money, because their business would be "stimulated". Stores would experience a rise in sales. Instead, Obama is taking OUR money and giving it to who he wants to give it to.

I personally, am not going to be able to do the things that I wanted to do with my tax refund. Unfortunately, it's only going to be enough to get a few things done. I'm not even positive that it will be enough to put back for Summer vacation. I hope that it is, because I am going to the beach whether I have to walk there or not!

I read where Obama's approval rating dropped. Are you surprised by that? By the time all of this is over with, his approval rating will be lower than Bush's ever thought about being.

I don't usually get political, because I have had damn near death threats for things that I have said in the past, but when I filed my taxes yesterday and saw how much I was getting back...I was pretty upset. Next year, we probably won't even have tax refunds. It won't surprise me, because I was actually looking for that to happen this year. Oh well, he'll still have his group of idiot followers.

0 comments: