Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hi, You can Call Me Stupid

I bought my living room suit a little less than two years ago. I got a great deal on what I got: a loveseat, couch, coffee table, 2 side tables and 2 lamps all for just 1200 dollars. It may sound like a cheap set, but its not at all. It's a very nice, kid friendly couch and loveseat! My tables, though, had glass tops and wrought iron legs. This worked fine for the previous year or so, but now Bree can walk, and I knew that if I didn't something soon...I would have a brain dead child.

So...last week I put my tables on Craigs List. Yesterday, I sold them and delivered them. The problem? My living room is now lacking in tables and lamps. We went to a discount furniture store yesterday. They have expensive furniture that is 60 percent off. I thought, as well as my hubby, that a person could just walk in and come out with furniture. But that isn't true. They order the pieces of furniture that a person is interested in, and just like any other place...wait 3 to 4 weeks before it is delivered.

I'm kinda angry with myself for doing this. I don't like not having any tables or anything in the living room. Not at all. Oh well, I just you can just call me stupid for not thinking ahead.

Update on the Family Pet:
I've decided to hold off on getting a family pet. I couldn't justify spending 600 dollars on a dog, and what aided me in my decision is the p.o.s tax refund we're getting back. There are lots of other things that I could do with 600 dollars. Thanks, but no thanks.

0 comments: