Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools

I personally do not like April Fools Day. I think it's sick that we have this "holiday" dedicated to scaring people, pissing people off, and giving false hope or excitement all for the sake of a stupid prank. People don't generally pull pranks on me. I think it's because I don't get enthusiastic about anything, nor do I believe anything that comes out of anyone's mouth. I'm not too good at pulling pranks myself. I usually end up laughing, or giving it away before I can even start the prank!

I think that perhaps the worst "prank" or "joke" anyone can pull is telling everyone they are pregnant, when indeed they are not. One of my Facebook "friends" posted as their status (at 12:01 this morning) that they were pregnant. Over the course of the morning she received more than 10 comments congratulating her only to find out that they were being pranked. What is the point in making people feel stupid??

I may be sucking all the "fun" out of April Fools Day, but don't we go through enough from to day to day without having our "friends" and "family" make us feel like idiots??

My Facebook status this morning read: "Samantha thinks that anyone who plays an April Fools joke is going straight to hell."

Okay, well, I don't really think that, but I mean really...what's the point?

0 comments: