Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Unpacked? Check.

I happened to find a corner in the dining room in which my computer will pick up someone else's internet service. Yes, I am stealing WiFi right now, but I'm beginning to have internet withdrawals, and I am pretty sure I am going crazy. I wanted to write to you all and let you know about our new place.

I'm not sure I like the place yet, and it definitely does not feel like home. I hope that with a little time it will begin to feel more like home. I can't recall a time that I have moved, and never immediately felt like I was at home. I have always adapted very well to new homes. I haven't adapted here. Why? Not sure. Maybe it's because I'm a good distance away from family, and in a new town that I know absolutely nothing about. I think it's the "new town" part that scares me the most. This is a new town to me, and I don't know much about this place. That's scary for a stay at home Mom. You know how it is to be cooped up inside your house all day, and not able to go anywhere. I don't want to leave, because I'm scared I'll get lost.

I've gotten everything unpacked and organized (except for the kitchen cabinets). I feel good about that. I just need to get stuff hung on the walls. I'm hoping that as soon as I get our pictures on the walls, and this place decorated...maybe it will start feeling like home.

I was glad that this whole experience wasn't traumatizing for Bree. She woke up Saturday morning in her home, and came home Saturday night to this new place that somehow had all of her things in it. She's adapted well though I think. Better than I have. I've tried to keep to her daily routine to make her as comfortable as I can. She has been more mischievous than usual. I figure that has something to do with the fact this is all new to her, and she's just trying it all out. She seems to be sleeping well during her naps and bed time. I'm trying to potty train her. It seems all of the sudden she was lost interest in going "pee pee in the potty". Is this normal?

Anyway, I was glad to find this little corner in my dining room with internet service. I wanted to make sure I updated you all right away. I hope that I can adapt to this place quickly, and that this depression won't last long. I miss the hubby when he leaves for work. Although, he does get to come home for lunch...it really doesn't make much difference to me because he watches SpongBob Squarepants. Oh well. Pray for me guys, and I can't wait to catch up on everyone's blogs!

1 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...

Praying! :o)

It's been almost a year, and I am still getting used to this new town!