Saturday, September 05, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby Bree!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I cannot believe that my baby, my little Bree baby, is two years old today! It's hard to believe how fast time goes, and how quickly she has grown. This time last year she wasn't even walking it! She was a master at crawling, but she didn't walk until January of this year! This time last year, she was still in the baby car seat, sitting backwards in the car. This time last year she was wearing 6 -9 month old clothing instead of 18 & 24 month old. This time last year, she was still on baby formula and eating mushy baby food. This time last year the only two words she could say successfully were "Mama" & "Daddy". Now she says, "Mommy" & "Paul". She refuses to call him Daddy. I guess that's because I don't call Paul, "Daddy".

She has been such a smart little baby. She pays attention to detail, and she picks up quickly on words, and the way things work. She understands more than I think she understands. She can sing, and dance, and hop. She's funny, and a little prankster. She picks out what clothes she wants to wear, and she loves her hot pink, sparkly flip flops. The one word she says constantly is, "I want cookie." and she loves peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. She can spot a Chick-Fil-A a mile away, and she is very well aware of what the golden arches are. Whenever she sees these two things she says, "I eat." She loves SpongeBob Squarepants, Dora the Explorer, Khai-Lan, and Full House. She loves music, and picks up on lyrics pretty quickly. She can say "Pizza" very clearly, and when she talks in her sleep, she is usually talking about cookies. I found this out at the beach when we had to sleep in the same room with each other. She minds me pretty well on the big things like not jumping in the swimming pool, but doesn't listen very well when I tell her not to get up on the dining room table in the house. She's prissy, and girly, and loves her Daddy.

I can't believe all of the things she has learned in two years. Right now her vocabulary consists of these words:
What is that?
I go night night
Bath?
I want cookie (one time she said, "Can I have a cookie?")
Bye, c'ya later
I eat
I gotta pee pee
Book
I have pizza
Uh oh!
Oh no!
Ewww
Hey!
Hello
and I'm sure there are more than I just can't fully understand yet.

I'm looking forward to the following years and being able to watch her grow into a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to see what she will be like when she is three years old. Just like her, I'm learning as I go, but it's been the greatest learning experience of my life. I love you Kailyn Bree, and I hope you have the hap, hap, happiest birthday EVER!

Bree was born on September 5, 2007 at 11:23p.m
She weight 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 21 inches long

2 comments:

MrsM said...

I'm sorry I missed this post! I've been swamped =( Still, happy belated birthday to little Bree. Time does go so fast, doesn't it? Just wait until she's five. There's a nervous breakdown that comes with your baby being five (don't worry, I've lived through it, you can email me!)

Your little girl is adorable by the way-and 8lb 7oz? Way to go mama!!

Samantha said...

I was able to handle two okay, but I know that it will only get harder as she gets older. How do they grow so fast? It's so sad!

8 pounds 7 ounces & 21 inches long. I was ready to cut her out myself! But my brother was 9 pounds 5 ounces, so I considered myself lucky.