Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe

Can you believe that it is already October 1st? I can't, but Fall is definitely here and the holiday seasons are coming upon us. October seems to be the month for pumpkins, and yesterday I shared a Pumpkin Spice Latte with you for Wordless Wednesday. I promised you that today, I would have a recipe for the Pumpkin Spice Latte for you. But first...I have a confession. I haven't had a chance to try this Latte from Starbucks. Mainly, because I am broke, and mainly because I prefer Dunkin Donuts over Starbucks. This Latte sounds so good though, that I am going to have to make a special trip to Starbucks, just to try it out. But for those of you who have had the Pumpkin Spice Latte, I found a recipe online, that is comparable to Starbucks's recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think!!

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ingredients
- 1-2 shots espresso (1/4 C. espresso or 1/2 C. strong brewed coffee)
- 1 c. half and half
- 1 tb. canned pumpkin :: you may use either whole pumpkin or pie mix
- 1 tsp. Torani Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Optional pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, or cinnamon.
[Note:if you are using the pumpkin spice syrup, you do not need the canned pumpkin]

Directions
Without an Expresso Machine:
-To make a pumpkin latte in your home: In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into half and half. Add the syrup. Heat on medium until steaming, stirring constantly. You do not want the milk to burn.
In a blender on high speed, use whip setting for 20 seconds until foaming. Pour the mixture into a tall glass and pour coffee over the top. Dust with ground pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg.

With an Expresso Machine:
- Pour syrup in medium mug and pull your shots. Steam the half and half. Add shots to syrup and then add the steamed milk. Dust with nutmeg. Yum yum!

3 comments:

Theta Mom said...

That sounds perfect right about now...

Samantha said...

Tell me about. I'm going to make it on Sunday as my part of Parent's birthday dinner. I'll have to let everyone know how the recipe tastes. May not be as good as Starbucks, but we'll see :)

MagnoliaWhisper said...

ok I tried it with Divinci pumpkin spice sugar free syrup, and it taste nothing like DD's! No spice flavor, nor pumpkin, weird.

Has any one actually had the Torini brand in the pumpkin spice flavor?

Because I really like other flavors of Divinci, but this one missed the mark in tasting anything like pumpkin or spice! hahaha More of a sweet vanilla taste (doesn't even smell like pumpkin or spice).

So I'm wondering if the Torini is the same or if it taste better.

Also I am wondering (and that's how I found this doing a google search in search of this brand), does any one know what brand of flavored syrup that DD uses? Cause I love both the coconut and the pumpkin spice, much more then DiVinci's versions of either!

So any one out there knows, please let us know so we can buy it too!