Friday, October 02, 2009

Hello Weekend.

I should be excited about the weekend. I know this, because I usually am. But I won't be happy until I get our vehicles some car insurance. Previously, our cars were covered on my Father-In-Laws policy. Well, some things happened and he had to switch insurance companies. He wasn't sure if we could be on his new policy, but he was going to let us know. Yesterday, when I realize that it is October 1st and we probably don't have any car insurance, we called him and he hadn't heard from the insurance guy yet. So, here we are, without car insurance since this past Tuesday. Well, that's just dandy. I spent the rest of my evening getting quotes online. Not fun. I think its come down to Progressive or Geico. Nevertheless, I've got to get this done today!

Yesterday was a pretty good day though. I went to visit my Grandmother as Bree and I do every Thursday of each week. I thought it would be fun to do some pictures in Nanny's back yard, since it was the first day of October. Unfortunately, our leaves haven't changed color much. They are still very much green, but the pictures turned out great! Here's a peek:


Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Alright, so, that's it.  I'm going to shop for car insurance.  I hope you all have a great weekend!  I am having a dinner for my Parents on Sunday for their birthdays.  Yes, my Mom's birthday is the 5th and my Dad's birthday is the 6th, and they are the same age!  Weird.  Anyway, have a glorious weekend and we'll see you Monday (maybe before then).

Update on the car insurance issue: Just in case you guys were worried about me and my sanity on shopping for car insurance, we just signed up with Progressive. After seeing monthly figures of 250.00+ a month, I was relieved to find Progressive at 130 a month for 6 months. Sometimes I wish we could just go back to the horse and buggy days. Someone is going to hell for trying to charge so much for car insurance. I guess they'll be in hell with the people who charge so much for health insurance (which we don't have that either). Anyway...just wanted to update you all :)


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

MrsM said...

What adorable pictures! Enjoy your weekend =)

Samantha said...

Thank you & you do the same :)

Mother Mayhem said...

Amazing photos, Samantha! My favorite is Nanny and Bree walking together. :o)

I hear you on the insurance. SIGH.

Samantha said...

My Nanny's 83 birthday is at the end of this month, and I'm going to take this collection of photos and make a book for her :) I'm excited!!

Car Insurance is a drag, and I know it's wrong to say this, but I think there is a special place in hell for these people who charge so much for insurance (car and health) alike. There is absolutely no point in it. They do it, just to do it. Why would someone want to spend 300 dollars on car insurance, when you can get it for 130 with the same coverage? I don't know how these insurance companies make it.