Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday Ramblings...

I can't believe it is already Friday. This week did fly by, but I'm sure it had something to do with the Hubs having a day and a half off of work at the beginning of this week. He took Monday afternoon off, and then Tuesday for my birthday. By Wednesday, he was ready to go back to work. He said he now understood how people got "cabin fever". I don't know what he thought goes on around here during the day, but I assured him that we don't have parties or anything exciting. Bree and I generally repeat the same day over and over again, sticking to the same routine: Breakfast, bath, laundry, clean house, lunch, nap, me-time, Hubby comes home, supper, and then about four hours of the night is designated to randomness. We never know what is going to happen at night. So, I think he was less jealous of my ability to being a stay-at-home Mom.

My birthday kind of sucked, although there was a couple of hours during the day Tuesday when the Hubs and I got to have a day date. It wasn't much of a day date though. We went to eat lunch, and then picked Bree up because the Mother In Law had to be at work. Anyway, my Mom was sick, my Dad had an emergency deacons meeting at church, Paul's Dad was broke, and well...the MIL was working. So there was nothing to do Tuesday night. There was no one to take me out to eat, or for me to spend quality time with, besides of course, the Hubs and Bree. Which was fine, of course. On top of all of this, Tropical Storm Ida was dropping her remnants on us, and it literally looked like a monsoon was going on outside. It was raining harder than I had seen it rain in a while, on top of the fact that it now gets dark around 5:30. So driving around trying to find something to do Tuesday night for the sake of not sitting at home, just didn't feel worth it to me. I kind of flipped a little, and had a pity party. I got over it though, and just accepted the fact that my Birthday doesn't mean the same as every one else's. I mean, the whole entire world stops when it is other people's birthdays, but then mine rolls around...and "Samantha who?". Birthdays are over rated.

But finally, it's Friday and the Hubs and I are heading to Commerce, Georgia tomorrow to do our Christmas shopping!! We decided that we wanted to get our Christmas shopping finished before Thanksgiving this year. The past couple of years we were running around a couple of days before Christmas trying to shop, and well, we all know how that goes. I hope that we are able to get everyone's Christmas tomorrow, and we won't have to worry about anyone else but ourselves until Christmas. I am at a loss as to what to get Bree. She does want that dancing Dora doll, but my problem with it is that it cost 50 dollars and all it does is spin around and sing. No thank you. The Hubs wants a PS3, but we have a Wii. I could sell the Wii and then get him the PS3, but how would I do that without him knowing? I guess I'll figure that one out.

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you back here on Monday!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

sorry to hear your birthday was kinda lame.

have fun christmas shopping. I have a 2 birthdays in december too1

Becky said...

Awww...get Bree the dancing Dora:)

It's Christmas!!!

The (Un)Experienced Mom said...

Yeah, I don't know why husbands think the SAHM job is fun or exciting. Reality hits them in the face when they walk a day in our shoes!

Please head to my blog for a gift.

Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com

MrsM said...

I totally know where you're coming from. I make a national holiday out of everyone's birthday and no one ever remembers mine. My own parents usually miss it by two or more weeks and after 7 years Hubby can only tell you when it is if you give him 10 guesses. I'm sorry you have to experience that too =(

Still, it was nice that you got a day date!

Chell said...

I am ready to hear how the Christmas Shopping went!! :) I am with you though, the week went to fast and then the weekend went even faster!

Nathan said...

Dora doll too expensive? I suggest trying ebay http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=dancing+dora&_sacat=See-All-Categories