Monday, November 16, 2009

Seriously?!

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is next Thursday. I just can't fathom that. It seems like yesterday I was laying on the beach in my brown polka dot bathing suit, getting my tan on. Now...it's Thanksgiving? Seriously?!

I have mixed feelings about the Holidays this year. This Thanksgiving & Christmas will be my brother's last ones before leaving for Boot Camp on January 11th, and then who knows if he'll be home for Christmas while he's in the Marines. It makes me sad to think about it, and I really do wish time would stop going so quickly. I've never been without my brother for such a long period of time, and quiet frankly, I'll miss him so much. That's why we have to make the upcoming Holidays, special ones.

We went outlet shopping this past weekend. Just the Hubs and I. It was nice, and we got some Christmas shopping done. I bought more stuff for myself though, because it was partly a trip for my birthday too. I wish that these outlet centers still had toy outlets, I bet I could have gotten a lot of Bree's Christmas shopping done. My In-Laws are hard to buy for. Why? Because they're conceited. They want you to spend a lot of money on them. They care if you don't get them anything, because you can't afford it or because you wanted to spend more on your own child. It is really rather irritating. Last year we got Paul's Mom a 20 giftcard to Starbucks because she loves that place, and she was pissed because that's all we got her. Since when do you get mad because of a present someone gave you? My Parents got pajamas for Christmas last year, and they were happy. That's when I hate Christmas, because people forget it's true meaning and make it all about the presents.

Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have to spend the day cleaning and picking up all of the clutter that accumulated over the weekend.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

Chell said...

Time only passes faster and faster with age... I am getting dizzy because the days are going by so fast!

If I were you, I would find some really pretty paper and print off a poem, story, or something about remembering the true meaning of christmas. Then attach another gift card... lol

MrsM said...

That would piss me off. We have only gotten one of our parents one gift one time since Monkey was born-every other holiday they got what all of the other parents got-"love"....take it or leave it.

This year I think we're "getting them" a family Christmas portrait. If they're lucky, and we can afford it.

Still, it sounds like she's totally unreasonable so while it makes sense to be pissed you really don't have to worry about her. Unreasonable people aren't worth worrying over.