Monday, November 30, 2009

My Thanksgiving Weekend...

I had really planned on blogging more since Thanksgiving, but time never permitted. It seems as though the entire Thanksgiving weekend was a blur, but nevertheless, here is a re-cap:

On Thursday, of course, we went to my Parent's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. I had gotten up pretty early that morning to get my Crock Pot Mac and Cheese going. Bree and I watched the parade, and then around 12:30 went to my Parent's house. We left from my Parent's house around 3:30 and headed to Columbia to have Thanksgiving with Paul's side of the family. 4 years later, and I still haven't gotten used to the whole traveling part of the Holidays. It is so exhausting, but the food is oh so worth it. Needless to say, I got fat on Thanksgiving Day. I probably should have worn my maternity jeans so that I could have eaten more, but maybe it's a good thing that I didn't. Nevertheless, here are a few photos from Thanksgiving:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
After we left Columbia, the Hubs decided that it would be a bad good idea to go to Toys R Us. They had a few things on sale, and we thought it might would be kind of fun to be shopping at midnight. I mean, how often does that happen? So, the Hub's brother came and stayed with Bree at our house so that we could go. I had a headache like you wouldn't know, but some how managed to get in the car and ride over to Toys R Us with the Hubs. The scene that we saw outside of Toys R Us, was so stupid it was hilarious. There were people lined up from the door of the store, around the parking lot, down a road, and around a bank. I'm talking, this line was at least 1,000 stupid people deep. I couldn't believe the stupidity courage of these people. Not to mention it was 30 degrees that night. I could not picture myself standing in a line that full of people, freezing to death, just to get a few dollars off of some things. So since we were laughing at all of the idiots courageous people in line at the Toys R Us, we decided we would ride around town to look at other stupid brave people lined up in front of stores. Best Buy had a line of people with tents pitched, and they didn't open until 6 a.m. Target didn't open until 5 a.m, and at midnight had a line of people already forming. I did feel sorry for Old Navy though. They were to open at 3 a.m, and at midnight, there was no one there. We went back home, and cut our losses, still laughing at the dummies brave, brave people at Toys R Us. I did, however, state that the Hubs and I had a little bit of stupidity courage in us, because we got in the car to go midnight shopping, but, we're not completely stupid courageous because we weren't among the thousands of people, freezing to death, standing in the Toys R Us line.

On Friday night, we popped Christmas Vacation into the DVD player, and put our Christmas tree up. Bree and I decorated the tree. I was so excited to see her putting ornaments on the tree. This might actually be the first Christmas she remembers, so it means a lot to me to make it memorable. She was excited. Bree kept pointing at the tree and screaming "LOOK!". Here are some pictures of us decorating the tree:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We spent Saturday at home. Our State's Rival College Football game was on at noon, so the Hubs made sure I didn't make any plans whatsoever. So, I didn't. We stayed at home, only to watch our team lose, and lose bad. After about the first quarter, I began cleaning house and doing laundry. No sense in watching a beat down. The Hubs was not pleasant to be around that afternoon either. In fact, we started fighting. Not sure why. He acted as though I had something to do with the fact that our team was losing. I guess he thinks I have some kind of psychic ability to force a team to lose. Crazy boy.

Yesterday I had two photography sessions scheduled. One at 1:00 and one at 3:30. When I had finished my 1:00, I was getting ready to head to my 3:30, when I noticed I had a voicemail. So I called my voicemail, and it was my 3:30 canceling our appointment. I was none too happy about the fact that they were canceling an hour and a half before appointed time. Not to mention, I had just heard from them the day before and they had confirmed our time and didn't mention of any problems or issues. Because of this little incident, I think I am going to have to start charging deposits. It's a major inconvenience when you have something scheduled, and then they call and cancel an HOUR AND A HALF before the set time. 24 hours notice would have been a bit more helpful. Oh well, my 1:00's pictures turned out really well though. We had a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures from that shoot:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
So, that was my weekend in a nutshell. Today, I am Cyber Monday shopping, and cleaning house. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving and weekend went wonderfully! Did anything funny or out of the ordinary happen to you? Were you one of those stupid brave people standing in line on Black Friday? Tell me about it!! I can't wait to hear how you're Thanksgiving weekend went.



Jenny said...

Your photo shoot turned out nice. Christmas Vacation is my favorite movie and we watch it while I wrap Christmas gifts every year!

Chell said...

I did my "black friday" shopping online. The hubs and I about got trampled to death a few years ago and we haven't tried it again.

Beth P. said...

My weekend was completely a blur, too. It was good, but it was a blur. I'm glad you had a good holiday and good photo shoot!

Please come by when you get a chance, I have a blog award for you!

Brandy said...

my least fave part of the holidays is definitely the traveling and scheduling. it's so exhausting. I'm so not dumb enough for black friday. just sayin