Thursday, November 26, 2009

This Thanksgiving...

So, you may have noticed that I have the new blog layout up :) I am going to change a few things, but will wait until the better part of next week to do so. If things don't look quiet right, it's because I'm not done yet!

I can't believe that Thanksgiving has already rolled around once again. With all of the Thanksgiving traditions that we all have, there seems to be one that everyone does, and that is make a list of the things they are thankful for. I personally think that if we did this every day, and not just on Thanksgiving...the World would be a much better place. If I thought about everything I am thankful for, and everything I have been blessed with each and every day...there would be no room for negativity in my life. That glass is always half empty, but I bet if I were to list my blessings and thanks on a piece of paper every day; that glass would begin to get fuller and fuller.

This year I am thankful for a lot of things.
1) I am thankful that God has given me another year with my baby girl. Bree means everything to me, and every day I have with her, I am more and more grateful. I love her so much, and I cannot believe that I ever lived my life without her.
2) I am thankful for the Hubs. He puts up with me every day, and I know that sometimes he wishes he could just knock my block off, but he doesn't.
3) I am thankful to have clothes on my back, food in my tummy, and a roof over my head. I know that I think times get pretty bad for us, but when I think of all of the homeless people living in the streets...I have so much.
4) I am thankful to be a child of God. Without Him I would be absolutely nothing. Because of Him, I have a place waiting for me in Heaven. I know that I will never be alone, and that He will always be there to watch over and protect me. We have gone through financial issues before, and when I look back, I know that the only way we got through them was because God was watching over us. I believe in Him, and I know that my God is a living God. I thank Him every day for choosing me, a nasty, dirty, rotten sinner, to be His child.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and enjoy the time with your family and friends. In the midst of all of the craziness, take a few minutes to reflect and think of your very many blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!


...Samantha

3 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful List:)

Your new layout is so cute!

MostlyFlumxdArt said...

Like the new layout and header! Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth P. said...

I think it looks great! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!