Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Happy Blogaversary!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's hard to believe that it has been one year since I decided to start my own blog. I must admit, that in the beginning...I really had no idea what I was doing. I just needed wanted a place to write down all of my thoughts, no matter what they were. Over the course of the last few months, Apple Juice & Milk has really taken off. I have gained a lot of readers who have also become my friends. I never could have expected when I started this blog, that I would meet so many wonderful people. For a stay at home Mom, blogging has really helped me out in a lot of ways. From having a place to vent, to communicating with other SAHM's who are in the same boat as I am. I don't know what you all see in me, but I'm sure glad you see something.

Now...the moment you all have been waiting for. Your questions...answered:

- Mrs. M from I've Changed My Name to Mommy asks...
If you had to pick ONE characteristic or action that made you want to marry Paul, what would it be?
Paul was just easy going. "Chilled-out", I guess you would say. He was calm. Not nerdy, but not loud. He didn't feel like he had to be funny all of the time. He was just...Paul.

What does being a young mother mean to you/How do you feel about it?
I'm pretty excited about being a young mother! When Bree graduates high school & heads off to college (God willing), I won't even be 40 years old yet! Heck yeah!

What are your future plans for blogging-specifically what role do you want your blog to play in your personal life and what do you want your blog to accomplish in "the outside world"?
I want my blog to continue to grow, at some point, I'd like to be able to make money by blogging. I want to help people feel less alone in their crazy world, and I want to be an escape for those who just need a good laugh at times.

- Working Mommy from Lessons Learned asks...
When are you having baby #2?
Of course, you can't stop what God has planned...but my plans don't include a baby # 2...Bree is too mean. Subjecting her mean-ness to a new baby would just be inhumane :)

- Julia from Sweet as Punkin Pie asks...
You are pretty young to be the mom of a 2 year old... was she planned?
She definitely wasn't planned. But she was the best unplanned event to ever happen to me!

How did you meet your hubby?
When I was a senior in high school, I had a chance to take a college course for early college credits. So I signed up for an English class, and Paul was in that class. At the time that we met though, he had a girlfriend and I had a horrible, horrible boyfriend.

What's one thing about your hubby that drives you nuts?
There are quiet a few things about him that drives me nuts, but probably the worst is how much of a critic he is. Nothing is ever good enough. Whether it be movies, television shows, food, etc...he criticizes everything!

What is one thing about him that you absolutely LOVE??
I love how sweet he truly is. He has a great heart.

- Helene from I'm Living Proof that God Has a Sense of Humor asks:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a young mother?
Where as most people don't get started on raising children until they are in their late 20's or early 30's, I was 19 years old when Bree was born. That will put me being 39 years old when she goes off to college...and I consider that a pretty good advantage. Where most people are just getting started, I'm already done. But I do miss not being able to just go out on a whim. I miss the quiet, and I miss being young. I had to grow up pretty fast.

Would you ever consider homeschooling your daughter?
I have actually thought about homeschooling her, but I haven't completely decided on it or not. I went to public school from Kindergarten through the seventh grade, and then my Mom began homeschooling my brothers and I. I never went to a public high school, and I wish I had. I feel like I missed out on a lot. I have a couple of more years to think about it though.

Any plans for more kids?
No plans yet, but again, I can't change God's plans. I honestly, personally, feel as though I am done. I'm good with one. I think I'll die of a heart attack if I have to go through the toddler stage again. I'm not even quiet sure I'm going to make it out of the one I'm in now.

- Salt from Salt Says asks...
What is some advice you would give for a successful marriage?
Most people would answer this question by saying that it takes "trust" & "honesty" to keep a marriage going. I'm not so sure that I agree with that. It takes a lot more. It takes a lot of love, a lot of respect, and a lot of patience. Appreciate each other. And when you're angry with each other, it's just best not to talk until you have calmed down. In my experience, a lot of hurtful words can be thrown in a fight...and those are words that you'll never forget. Never mind the old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." That's not true. Words do hurt.

- Kiera from Imperfect Daisies asks...
Ok, the only reason I feel like I have the liberty to ask you this is because I'm a young mom and was pregnant before I was married. Were you? Tell your story, if you don't mind.
I don't mind telling my story at all. In fact, I had hoped someone would ask me this! Paul and I began dating in June of 2006. Things went pretty fast for us, which I assume is what happens when you meet "the one". We found out in December of 2006 that I was pregnant. That was a scary moment in my life. Not because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to be a Mother, but because I am the daughter of a preacher, and disappointing my Parents is not something I tried to do. In fact, disappointing my Parents was something I always tried to avoid. The scariest moment of my life was when Paul and I had to tell my Parents that I was pregnant. I didn't know how they would re-act. I wasn't sure if they would be so disappointed in me that they couldn't even look at me. I didn't what to expect. The relationship between my Parents and I was a little rocky after that, but things got smoother over time. Paul and I got married in February of 2007 and over the stretch of 9 months...our relationship got back to normal (sort of). Bree was born in September of 2007...and now, things couldn't be better between us all. I am so thankful to have such a loving set of Parents, who will absolutely love me no matter what.

- Becky from In the Trenches asks...
How did you and the hubby meet?
I was taking a college course my senior year in high school, and Paul was in the English course that I was taking. I remember the very moment that I first laid eyes on him, I just knew that he was it. The one. Most people don't believe in those moments, and I wouldn't have either if it had never happened to me. But, love at first sight does exist. Unfortunately, at the time that we met...I had a boyfriend and he had a girlfriend. It wasn't too long after we met though, that I broke up with my boyfriend. I was thinking about Paul all of the time, and I just didn't feel right having this boyfriend whom I really didn't see myself going anywhere with. Besides that, I didn't really like him much at all...and really wasn't sure why I was with him. Paul and I didn't have anymore classes together after that English course, and I went about my life. I never did get his phone number, or anything so we didn't talk for nearly a year. But hot, Summer day in June, I found him on Myspace. I asked to be his friend, he accepted. He says that he didn't know who I was, he just accepted my friend request because he thought I was hot (how flattering). But two days after I befriended him on Myspace, we went on our first date...and the rest is history!

- Brandy from You Don't Know asks...
Does your Husband read your blog?
No he doesn't. He doesn't do much on the internet actually. He doesn't even Facebook. Such a weirdo :) He enjoys television more than the internet. I guess that's okay. At least I don't have to worry about having to share the computer with him :)

Thank you all for sending me your questions. I was excited to answer each and every one of them! Thank you all for your support, and for making Apple Juice and Milk what it is today. Make sure you get yourself a cupcake and celebrate Apple Juice & Milk's 1 year Blogaversary. You all deserve it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

25 comments:

Me said...

Happy one-year anniversary!

I just started following your blog, but I love how you write. It was cool to hold and "interview" of yourself on your blog, because (since I just followed), it made me learn a lot about you and definitely makes me want to come back to check your blog again and again!

Congrats on your blogging!

Christina said...

yeah i second that. i like the interviews. happy blogiversary

Rayli said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Beth P. said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Melissa said...

HAPPY BLOGAVERARY!!! Congrats!

And thanks for taking the time to answer all those questions... I'm sure that took some work.

Have a fabulous day!

- Melissa

Brandy@YDK said...

great questions and answers. I learned so much

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogoversary!!!

Those were some great questions! I am glad everything has worked out for you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing so much of your story! It's great to get to know bloggers a bit better.

happy anniversary!

ps- my husband doesn't have a FB page either...total weirdo!

Shell said...

Happy anniversary!

Hubs and I think about the ages we'll be when our boys graduate, too. We got started later than you did, but it's still a big reason why we don't want to have any more.

Katherine said...

Happy Blogaversary! I am so glad I found your blog.

Love the Q&A.

Hissyfits & Halos said...

Happy One Year Blogiversary!

Great interview! You're very blessed! :)

chicago information technology master degree said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MrsM said...

I'm a big fan of being a young mother. I am exhausted enough as a 24 year old mom, I can't imagine having the energy to run after three kids if I had started in my 30s or even 40s! My oldest will turn 18 when I am 36 and my youngest will turn 18 when I'm 41 so I look forward to a long life of sleep when I need it the most =)

Great Q&A~Happy Blogaversary!

Salt said...

Happy blogaversary!!!! People asked some really great questions and thank you so much for the very thoughtful answer to mine. I think you are absolutely right and those are things that I have to remember. I'm kind of a hot head and sometimes it's hard to step away during an argument, but I know it's the best thing to do.

You are wise. :)

Very cool learning some more about you! Congrats on 1 year and cheers to many more!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Happy Blogaversary! I love your Q&A format, I learned so much about you!

I hear ya on the "employees only" work parties... although, my hubby is a sheriff's deputy, so almost all of his coworkers are men... so that doesn't really apply to him, I guess!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Working Mommy said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! Here is to hoping for a baby #2 ;-)

~WM

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Happy blogaversary! I'm glad I've recently found you. And it's nice to learn a little bit more about you!

Ian said...

Wanted to say it again. Happy anniversary....YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Happy Blogaversary!!!

Yay! What a milestone you have reached! I have really enjoyed getting to know you :)

I think for the people that asked about baby #2 you just need to link them back to that post you did about having Bree...:) Nough said, Lol! Whew!

Pandorah's Box said...

Happy Blogaversary! I loved reading this post, as it allowed me to get to know you a little better.

Here's to many more!

Kiera said...

your answer to my ques was awesome. that was EXACTLY me and my hub, except a year earlier than you- and same w my parents! we need to talk !! haha. my first was: we were datin june2005, got preg in dec 2005, had her sept 19 2006! weird!!!!!

Kiera said...

i mean, same reaction and worry of disappointing my parents like what you said....!!

Unknown said...

Happy Blogaversary! What a great way to celebrate it. I loved getting to know more about you. My mom was 20 when she had me and I always loved having a young mom. I always wanted to be a young mom too, but I got started 10 years later... I guess that makes me youngish?! hahah

Megan said...

Happy Blogversary!! It was great getting to "know" you more. =)

Shandal said...

Happy Anniversary! I already told you that, but why not again? :) Loved your Q's and A's! As far as we are concerned, we are done having kids too. ;) My Hubs isn't on FB either! Also, sorry it's taken me so long to finally catch up on all your posts! :)