Thursday, April 09, 2009

My Happy Place

When I resort to my happy place, it isn't on a mountain top or in a meadow, it's a walk down the beach with the ocean breeze moving through my hair. It's sitting in a beach chair, with my head laid back, feet in the sand, eyes closed, and the sound of the waves crashing into the shore. It's the sea mist sticking to my skin, and the sun kissing my cheeks. It's the feeling I get when my freshly showered skin meets the sticky ocean air. It's the freedom that comes with the night sky. The smell of hot dogs and french fries coming from Sam's Corner. The sound of kids playing games in the arcade. The sound of a band playing at the end of the Kingfisher Pier. It's a walk down Ocean Boulevard, and remembering all of the memories made at the Pavilion. It's taking a ride down to Krispey Kreme and getting a dozen donuts (two of them raspberry filled for me). It's listening to bad 80's music, with the windows down and the ocean in the distance. It's laughing, and being care free. It's re-living all of those childhood memories that were created on the coast of South Carolina. It's my paradise, my happy place.

0 comments: