Monday, April 27, 2009

The Neglected House...

Bree and I have been going non-stop since this past Wednesday. Two trips to North Carolina, and countless other trips to my Papa's house after Nanny died. Yesterday was Nanny's funeral, and I must say that the activities of the week caught up with me last night. When we got home, I realized how neglected my house had been. The floors need vacuuming, clothes need to be washed (I did somehow manage to get a load washed & dried in the midst of running in and out of the house), dishes need to be cleaned, and I need a shower. Not to mention the groceries that need to be bought. It's amazing all of the things that you do on a regular basis, and don't really realize how big of a deal it is when you all of the sudden stop doing those things. We did get rid of our dog at the most perfect timing, because he would have seriously been neglected all week long.

It feels like it has been years since I last sat down in front of the television and watched t.v. I haven't been able to enjoy any "me" time lately either. Today I won't be able to rest, because there are groceries to be bought and we are going back to Nanny's graveside today...but tomorrow...tomorrow we are staying at home and resting!

It has been such a long week. I'm both emotionally & physically exhausted. Laying your Grandmother to rest is never easy, but I know she'd be upset if she walked in my house and saw how messy everything was. So, for her...I will get this place back to being spick and span, because it's because of her that I am so anal about keeping things straight & clean.

I love you Nanny B., and I'll miss you and think of you every day for the rest of my life!

0 comments: