Monday, August 17, 2009

Back from Vacay: Relaxed, Tan & Poor

Who doesn't come back from vacation poor? I guess it's all part of the experience. Speaking of experiences, we have had just that with Bree over the course of the week. Bree has learned how to climb out of her crib & open doors all at the same time! It was inevitable I know, but still, it's scary. We had her crib as low as it would go, and I definitely don't think she is ready for a toddler bed. I'm pretty sure that she would NEVER go to bed. So, we decided to take the bars that her mattress sat on, out, and drop the mattress to the floor. She can't get out now. Believe me, at 6:30 this morning I was desperate for a solution. Not only is she waking up bright and early in the morning, climbing out of her crib, and traipsing into our bedroom; she is also only taking hour naps compared to her 2.5/3 hour naps. Yes, I know, her naps will get shorter as she gets older, BUT (this is a huge but) she is waking up incredibly grouchy which leads me to believe, she's not sleeping to her full extent. She's getting up just because she knows she can get up without me, regardless of how incredibly tired she is. Nevertheless, we have fixed the problem, and for that I am happy.

Anyway, back to our vacation. It was truly a wonderful week with a few minor exceptions:
1) Bree had to sleep in the room with us, where she could climb out of her play pin and wake us up at the butt crack of down
2) I had PMS
3) A week is never long enough

We did come back 1,000 dollars poorer, but 600.00 of that went to my brand new Canon Rebel! Yes, I treated myself with the money I earned from two photography gigs I did. Believe me, I had a very hard time purchasing something for that much money. But I did it, and I am absolutely IN LOVE with this camera!

Bree was great on the beach. Unlike she was in June, she stayed right there with us. I never had to get up once. I got to lay back in my beach chair, and get my tan on. That was perhaps the best part of the entire week. I was relieved that Bree was very cooperative, but that only lasted while we were outside. While indoors, she was a demon. Paul and I were able to get a date night in, and my Parents kept Bree. They claimed that Bree was a perfect little angel the whole time we were gone. She ate her supper, she didn't try to climb on the table, she actually sat down. To which I say, Bree hates me.

Oh well, it was a wonderful week...I'm relaxed and inspired once again. You should see my blog start taking off again now that I have recharged!! Below are some photos for you to enjoy from our week at the beach!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

MrsM said...

How cool! It sounds like you had a lot of fun~I'm totally jealous that you had a date night. I'm also jealous that you found someone to take a picture of you and your Hubby together. We don't have any because one of us is always the photographer =(

Were those pictures taken with your new camera? They look great!

Samantha said...

We went to the beach with my parents, so my Mom was the photographer. I'm always the photographer, so there is never any pictures of me lol...it's so sad. & Yes, those pictures were taken with new camera. I was so excited to get that thing!

We did have alot of fun though, and I'm ready to go back! I've been going to the beach for 21 years now, and I still can't get enough of it!