Tuesday, August 04, 2009

O.C.D - Obsessive Cookie Disorder

My daughter has O.C.D; Obessive Cookie Disorder. Cookies are a new found infatuation for her, and it's driving me crazy!! She won't eat regular food and every other word in her vocabulary is "cookie". Last night, I handed her a plate of spaghetti and some Texas Toast, and she handed it back to me saying, "I want cookies." I wish you could hear her say "cookies". It's probably the cutest thing she has said yet (besides "I love you"), but still...I'm not going to be one of those mother's who lets their kids eat nothing but sweets.

So...I put my foot down last night.

You should have seen her then. She melted into this puddle of screaming baby. You would have thought I had chopped her toe off. "Coooookiiiiieeeee..." she cried. I continued to tell her that she had to eat all of her supper first, and then she could have a cookie. "Cooooookiiiiiieeeeee...." she cried some more. I ignored her to the best of my ability. The tantrum lasted nearly 10 minutes before she relented and finally began eating her spaghetti (which had gotten cold during the tantrum). When she finished her plate, I gave her one cookie. She, of course, asked for more after that...but I stood my ground and she complied.

I realized that Bree's O.C.D was serious when she finished a box of Ritz Bits by herself. I'm not even sure that I could do that, so I know my 2 year old doesn't need to be eating that much. She could eat every minute of the day, and wouldn't think twice about it. She's not fat though. She's tall an thin. She'll be 2 next month and she can still wear 9, 12 and 18 month clothing. She still wears a 3 in diapers. She eats, eats, and eats and never gains a pound. But again, I REFUSE to be one of those mother's who lets their child eats sweets all of the time.

Random Thought of the Day: I bought Edge shaving cream the other day. I bought the Extra Protection Againts Nick and Cuts. When I used it to shave my legs yesterday...I swear I got more nicks & cuts than I have with any other shaving cream.

0 comments: